How to Measure Your Room
These simple steps will help you measure and estimate how much WainscotingDepot.com wainscoting paneling you will need for your home improvement project.
Tools to Measure Accurately
- Peace and quiet to concentrate – the directions are clear and simple, but taking measurements of your site requires concentration and, of course, attention to detail
- At least a 25’ tape measure to get all of your measurements
- At minimum a 2’ Level
- A Builders Square
- You will need to measure each wall in two locations:
- Close to the floor
- At the top of your wainscoting line. The traditional wainscoting height is 36 inches. You will need to record the longest measurement here to accommodate walls that may be out of plumb.
- It is important that all of your measurements are taken to 1/16 of an inch.
- Draw a picture of your site, and don’t be concerned with scale. Accurate measurements are what we are looking for – so mark your room drawing appropriately and correctly and we will make sure your paneling is correct.
- Make sure that you measure twice (at least) –but you already knew this! It’s always best to measure the site once, then take a break and do it again. This is very Important and critical.
Once you have completed your measurements – send them to us, so that we can answer any questions that you may have.
If you have a problem with a particular wall, stairway or window measurement – draw it out and send it to us. If we can visually see what you are talking about when you phone us, it makes it easier to help you with your questions.